Since DICE launched in France in 2018, we’ve been exploring everything that Paris has to offer – nightlife, culture, venues and emerging artists – and it’s safe to say that the city has one of the best electronic music scenes in the world, with artists including Jean-Michel Jarre, Air, Laurent Garnier, Chloé Thévenin, Rone, Agoria and Jennifer Cardini.
In honour of this, Paris Electronic Week brought the French live music industry together to share knowledge and discuss plans for the future over four days in September. As part of the event, DICE hosted a panel on market evolution and challenges, as well as how to adapt to new fan behaviours. The panel was made up of music industry experts with experience in everything from clubs to festivals:
- Anaïs Condado, Head of Programming at La Machine du Moulin Rouge
- Alba Gautier, Director of Music Partnerships at DICE
- Benjamin Gibson, Marketing Executive at Boiler Room
- Vincent Frédéric Colombo and Fanny Viguier, both founders of LA CREOLE
- Marc Rodriguez Coma, Digital Marketing Manager for Sónar festival
Here, we reflect on some key takeaways and recommendations from the panellists.